4/02/2008

Ryan Cox

Yesterday I had to experience something for the first time that I am sure many of you have already gone through at least once in your life. A great friend of mine passed away over the weekend in a 4 wheeler accident. Now I say "Great Friend" not because I was super close to Ryan and we hung out all the time. Ryan Cox and I meet about 8 years ago right when he got home from his mission. I remember a week or so before hand his dad came in to Interstate Roofing where I worked at the time and was so proud of his boy about to come home. Over the next few years I got to know Ryan through work and we also would hang out on a occasion to play Poker or go to the lake. Either way he always was a great person to be around. He had a smile and a laugh that would make your day seem a little brighter. Ryan I will miss you buddy. I am not posting this so much so to be sad... but rather to speak of my thoughts over the past few days and what Misty and I have talked about because of Ryan’s Death. It has made my heart heavy with sadness for his family of a wife and 3 girls that he leaves, behind but it also brought an interesting thought about where he is right now and what he now knows about life after death. In our church we are thought our whole life about the Great plan of happiness and how we will live after this life with Christ in Heaven... but now Ryan is there. So here are some of my thoughts. Is he happy? of course he would miss his dear wife and kids but we are also thought that the time frame on earth is not the same as in heaven. So will it only be a day or two in heaven tell he see his family again? While it is a life time for his wife and kids here on earth?? Just some thoughts rambling through this head of mine. You get the idea right? He was only 29 and full of life. My other thoughts are not something I would like to post publicly but have allot to do with my faith and where Ryan is now. In a strange bizarre way speaking about this on our Blog relieves some of those heavy feelings and I feel like I am able to just get my thoughts out there. So if you have read up to this point I almost feel like saying thank you for listening to my rant for a minute. I am not sure if it even makes much since to you. I hope so. Enjoy every minute you have I guess is the main point. Here is his obituary Ryan William Cox, 28, of American Fork, passed away tragically, Saturday March 29, 2008 as a result of a motorcycle accident at the Little Sahara Sand Dunes. Ryan was born April 17, 1979 in American Fork to Michael Ray and Deborah Van Orden Cox. He grew up in Pleasant Grove and graduated from Pleasant Grove High School in 1997. He then served an LDS Mission in the West Indies. Ryan and Katie DeWitt were married on December 8, 2000 in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. He became the successful business owner of a roofing and construction company. Most importantly he was a devoted father to his three beautiful daughters. He enjoyed life to the fullest and spread that joy to everyone he met. His generous heart and fun loving personality will live on through all those who knew and loved him. He is survived by his wife Katie: three daughters: Asha McKay, Sage Jane, and Zaya Sue; parents: Michael Ray and Deborah Cox, Pleasant Grove: five siblings: Michael (Aimee) Cox, Pleasant Grove; Karen (Linn) Beck, Mendon, UT; Stephanie (Michael) Kendall, Farmington; Stacey Cox, Pleasant Grove; Justin Cox, Pleasant Grove; grandmother, Jerry Van Orden, Blackfoot, ID; Jackie (Rich) Maxfield, South Ogden; and many loving family and friends. Friends may call Wednesday evening at the Olpin Family Mortuary 494 South 300 East, Pleasant Grove from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Funeral services will be held Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. in the American Fork West Stake Center, 500 North 700 West, American Fork, Utah. An additional viewing will be held at the church one hour prior to services. Interment will be in the American Fork City Cemetery. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.olpinfamilymortuary.com.Donations can be made at Central Bank to the Ryan Cox Memorial Fund to benefit his wife and children. Published in the Daily Herald on 4/1/2008.

2 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

His funeral was amazing. He was easy to know and easy to miss. Thank you for your thoughts.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for your comments. I am happy you like the picture.